SPRINGVILLE, NY [September 16, 2021] – Fluidampr announces the release of a new performance damper for the GM / Chevy L8T engine. Part number 760151 fits:
- 2019 – 2022 5.3L & 6.2L GMC Sierra 1500 and Chevy Silverado 1500 trucks
- 2020 – 2022 6.6L GMC Sierra 2500 / 3500 and Chevy Silverado 2500 / 3500 trucks
- 2021 – 2022 5.3L & 6.2L GMC Yukon and Yukon XL, Chevy Tahoe and Suburban, and Cadillac Escalade SUVs
- 2019 – 2022 6.0L & 6.6L* GMC Savana and Chevy Express vans (*2500 / 3500).
In addition, p/n 760151 also fits 5.3L (L84) and 6.2L (L87) engine variations. $512 MSRP.
“The L8T platform is an engine builder’s dream,” say Fluidampr project lead, Nick Orefice. “It was originally developed for high-torque towing capacity in GM’s Heavy-Duty truck line. However, the robustness of the cast-iron block with nodular iron main caps and a forged steel crankshaft promises lots of potential for engine swaps and crate programs.”
Upgrading to a Fluidampr performance damper when engine mods are done further ensures long term durability and optimum power by controlling crankshaft torsional vibration. In addition, a custom mandrel to power racing parts, such as a dry-sump, can easily be installed by using the damper’s pre-drilled and tapped 3.2” bolt circle pattern.
Fluidampr Benefits For GM L8T Engine
- Crankshaft torsional vibration protection across RPM range.
- Reduce risk of crankshaft failure & wear on critical engine parts.
- Unleash lost torque and horsepower.
- Six 3/8-16 bolt holes on 3.2” pattern for custom mandrel and damper puller / installer tool.
- Removable air conditioning pulley.
- Replaceable crankshaft hub.
- SFI 18.1 certified. Made in USA.
The damper is finished in a corrosion resistant black zinc chromate, then laser engraved with a Fluidampr – Made in the USA logo and SFI 18.1 credential. The rear bolt-on aluminum air conditioning pulley is a hard coat anodized finish.
The new Fluidampr performance damper for the GM / Chevy 6.6L L8T engine is available through quality parts distributors and professional engine builders.
Fluidampr performance dampers protect your engine from destructive crankshaft torsional vibration. Install early for durability and optimum performance. Premium viscous damper technology provides broad range protection across the entire rpm range. No tuning or maintenance required. Precision balanced CNC machined high-grade steel components. Corrosion resistant black chromate finish with laser engraved markings. Applications include popular domestic, import and diesel engines. Available through quality performance shops and parts distributors. For more information call (716) 592-1000 or visit www.fluidampr.com. SFI 18.1 certified. Made in USA.
Fluidampr has no connection or affiliation in any way with General Motors or Chevrolet. Reference to any trademarked product(s), name(s) or OEM number is intended solely for reference to the usage for that Fluidampr part. No product were manufactured by the previous mentioned companies or their suppliers.